What Separates a Good Dentist from a Great Dentist?
Date:Aug 21, 2016 @ 12:00 PM
Related Service(s):Cosmetic Dentistry
Posted By: Bruce E. Matthews, DDS, PA
Choosing a dentist is an important decision, particularly if you are in need of a lot of treatments! Even if you are simply looking for a new general dentist for your regular cleanings, why spend any time or money with a team that isn't absolutely wonderful?
Find Your Dentist in Wilmington DE
With so many dental offices to choose from out there, making the choice can seem daunting. Here's some things to keep in mind when it comes to finding a great dentist:
- Prioritize: Consider what is most important to you and your family before you begin. A great dentist isn't always the same for every person! Maybe you're looking for a specific treatment, or an office located near your home or work. Maybe it's important to you to have an exceptional office environment and staff. Take some time to consider what is most important to you!
- Experience: One of the main things that can differentiate a good dentist from a great dentist is simply having more experience. Of course all dentists go through extensive training and education, but nothing can replace the benefits of actually working with a large number of patients, on a large variety of procedures in the past. You can commonly find more information on this topic online, or you can simply ask the office staff.
- Reviews: Great dentists really care about what their patients think. Read some testimonials and reviews about the dentists that you are considering to learn more about what you can expect. It's a great way to read up on some first-hand experiences with the entire staff at any dental practice.
- Referrals: If you know someone who loves their dental office, look into it! Getting great feedback about a dentist from someone you know is one of the best ways to ensure that you'll be in great hands with any dental treatment that you may need. Plus, your friends and family will be honest with you about this- if someone doesn't love their dentist, you'll be able to tell!
- Visit the office: Many offices offer low-cost or free consultations which are a great way to learn more. You'll be able to meet with the dentist, talk with the staff members about potential treatment options, and get a feel for the office environment. A great dentist should make you feel comfortable, and have a staff that does the same.
If you have any questions, or if you'd like to schedule an appointment, give our office a call today for more information on getting started! We can't wait to help you gain a healthy, happy smile!