Don't Ignore Root Sensitivity! Here's What Might Be Causing It
If you suffer from root sensitivity, don’t think you’re alone! Some studies suggest that nearly 60% of adults complain about having tooth sensitivity every day.
We can address your root sensitivity, but first, we need to find the underlying cause.
There are several reasons why you may suffer from root sensitivity:
- Active decay on the surface of the root
- Heavy teeth grinding or clenching
- Microscopic fractures in the tooth that irritate the nerve
- Active gum disease that causes recession and exposes the root
- Aggressive brushing or flossing that disturbs gum tissue
All these conditions expose roots and lead to a wearing away of their protective surface layer, which leads to pain and sensitivity.
Treating Root Sensitivity
Typical treatment for root ...