Katie Matthews, DMD
Katie Matthews, DMD is from Hamilton Square, NJ. She completed her education in Philadelphia, PA, worked in private practice, and was an attending at a pediatric dental residency program for a number of years. She recently joined her husband and father-in-law in the family practice of Bruce Matthews, DDS and continues to practice at the local children’s hospital in Wilmington, DE. Dr. Katie and her husband, Dr. Daniel Matthews, reside in Landenburg, PA with their three children.
Dr. Katie’s emphasis on patient comfort, as well as keeping up-to-date with the latest advancements in pediatric dentistry, enable her to provide her patients with the best quality of care in the field. Her compassionate care philosophy starts with patiently listening to you and your child. Then, after a complete and thorough examination, she reviews and discusses the diagnosis and treatment options available for your child. She invites you to be present with your child during the examination and all treatment visits.
- Bachelor of Science from Villanova University, 2001
- Doctor of Medical Dentistry from Temple University School of Dentistry, 2005
- Post- graduate residency in Pediatric and Special Needs Dentistry from Temple University Hospital, 2007
- Diplomate, American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Association of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD)
- American Board of Pediatric Dentistry (ABPD)
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- Delaware State Dental Society
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society
- Delaware Oral Health Coalition - Access Committee
- Head Start Dental Home Initiative State Team Leader (DE)
- Christiana Care Hospital - Wilmington, DE