Bruce Matthews, DDS
Bruce E. Matthews, DDS is a Wilmington native. He graduated from the University of Delaware and obtained his Doctorate of Dental Surgery from Georgetown University. He completed his General Practice residency at the Wilmington Medical Center.
Dr. Matthews maintains active memberships in the American Dental Association, the Delaware State Dental Society, and is a Fellow in the Academy of General Dentistry. He is state chairperson of the Pierre Fauchard Academy and a member of several local study clubs. He is also a member of the DIDER Board (Delaware Institute for Dental Education and Research). Additionally, he is a board member of the Delaware Oral Health Coalition and the President of the Board of Dentistry and Dental Hygiene.
Dr. Matthews has enjoyed a successful dental practice for over 30 years. He and his wife reside in North Wilmington where they participate in numerous community and school activities.
- Graduated from University of Delaware in 1971
- Graduated from Georgetown University School of Dentistry in 1975
- Completed hospital-based residency in General/Family Dentistry at Christiana Care in 1976
- Trained at the Apsun Dental Implant Research & Education Center
- Serves as the State Director, Pierre Fauchard Society Dental Study Club
- Fellow in the Academy of General Dentistry
- Member of DIDER Board (Delaware Institute for Dental Education and Research)
- Member at large for DOHC (Delaware Oral Health Coalition)
- Chief examiner for the Delaware Board of Dentistry and Dental Hygiene
- First State Study Club (Periodontics and Implantology)
- American Dental Association
- Delaware State Dental Society
- Academy of General Dentistry
- Authorized Under Armour Performance Mouthwear TM provider
- Authorized Invisalign TM provider
- Authorized Six-Month Smile provider
Dr. Bruce was born in Wilmington. He and his wife, Dottie, were married in 1974 and live in north Wilmington. They have five grown children and seven beautiful grandchildren.