The advances in technology that make Invisalign possible have given us a way to treat a wide variety of teeth straightening issues, ranging from mild to severe. The Invisalign system has several advantages over traditional metal braces:
- Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible, allowing you to correct your bite without anyone even knowing you're wearing them.
- While optimal results are gained from wearing your aligners for 20 to 22 hours per day, Invisalign is easily removable. This means you can eat and drink whatever you like, participate in contact sports without increased risk of mouth injury, and brush and floss normally without additional hardware to have to clean around.
- Invisalign are easy to clean, using either the Invisalign cleaning crystals or simply by brushing the aligners and rinsing them with lukewarm water.
- Invisalign is more comfortable than traditional braces. The smooth plastic trays are custom manufactured to fit snugly and comfortably over your teeth without sharp edges or protruding wires that can cause irritation.
- The Invisalign system requires fewer follow-up visits, and the visits will take less time than with traditional braces. This is because the Invisalign aligner trays do not require complex adjustments of wires and brackets during each visit.